Tuesday, June 12, 2012

be yourself


It's been a while since I entered a challenge, so when Lawnscaping came up with this:


I thought it would be a good opportunity to finally play with some of Lawn Fawn's adorable stamps like the fabulous gnome and mushroom, as well as breaking out Lawn Fawn's happy 'Bright Side' paper collection! I took inspiration from this illustrated quote I found on Pinterest by the great Oscar Wilde: Be yourself, everyone else is taken. I used Claire's & Quinn's ABCs to stamp out the quote. Everything except for the star and mushroom are paper pieced using Lawn Fawn's gorgeous paper (the speckled pink paper is my favourite). The rest was coloured with copics.

It took me ages especially all those letters...but I really enjoyed making this card :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

6 comments:

  1. This is a super super cute card!! Fun sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gets my vote for the challenge. You worked very hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! First off, the fussy cutting of the pieced letters. Wow, that took some time. But I love your sentiment and the different textures used to created it with the paper then the banner.... Love the gnome holding the wand. LOVE the quote! This is truly an inspirational card indeed. Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card just has everything going for it! Wow! A stunner in so many ways. Fantastic job on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Esther, I love it!! :) And it's featured on Lawn Fawn's blog! Yay! Keep creating, friend, you inspire a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! This is amazing card, brilliant idea!! super cute!! Thank you for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete