Sunday, May 1, 2011

shop


I like my money right where I can see it - hanging in my closet.
 - Sex and the City

I love to shop and Lawn Fawn's 'Say Cheese' polaroid stamp was the perfect framework for my little store :)

I created the door by cutting out the middle of the polaroid stamp image, then roughly cutting two windows and drawing a doorknob. Then I paper-pieced the dress from Lawn Fawn's 'Sew Lovely', added some bling and finished it off with some dusky lanterns against a sponged lavendar background. The gorgeous designer papers are from Memory Box's Brioche collection. I adore the polka dots!

I can't wait to create more little stores - like a book or toy store (besides clothes, I love to shop for these things)! :D

This card would have been perfect for Wee Memories' Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Challenge, but I just missed out so I'll be entering this into the Paper Piecing Challenge at Wee Memories instead:

Thanks for visiting and hope you're having a happy weekend! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock/Paper:  Papertrey Ink: Lavendar Moon, Berry Sorbet. Memory Box: Brioche, Lagoon. Echo Park: Sweet Summertime. Cryogen White Iridescent 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn: Say Cheese, Sew Lovely, Lunar Lights, Bannerific, Fly Free, Smitty's ABCs.
Inks: Distress Ink: Milled Lavendar, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Memento Rich Cocoa,
Accessories: The Twinery Lemondrop Yellow Twine, Basic Grey: 'Glazed' blue brad, Stampin' Up!: Scallop edge punch, rhinestones

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I really love this card. Clever! :) I want to make a little cake/bakery shop like rement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of that polaroid image, very clever and lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just love this! It turned out great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute and clever! Love the idea of using the Polaroid image as a window!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous and so spot on the Sex and the City quote! Love how you have blended the sets so seamlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your encouraging comments! I truly appreciate it :) It was lots of fun making this card - I'm looking forward to making more 'boutiques' soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely fabulous card!!! Congrats on Lawn Fawn's & Wee Memories nods this week - woot woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Heather! :) I love your pet rocks :)

    ReplyDelete