Wednesday, May 11, 2011

lanterns



It's freezing in Melbourne at the moment, raining and hailing. Good to stay indoors, so I thought I'd make a card - something warm and cosy to take away the chill outside. 

There is something beautiful and peaceful about glowing lanterns on the water. I combined Lawn Fawn's 'Lunar Lights' and the sweet fox from 'Critters in the Forest' and created this card :) The lovely distress inks I used are fiery warm!

I am entering this into Lawnscaping Challenge #9


Have a lovely day or night and thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock/Paper:  Stampin' Up!: Pacific Point, My Mind's Eye: Stella and Rose (Mabel) papers, Cryogen Iridescent White 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn: Lunar Lights, Critters in the Forest, Sophie's Sentiments, Papertrey Ink: Pond Life
Inks: Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Tumbled Glass

 

10 comments:

  1. HOW FUN!!! The colors are to die for! The fox came out absolutely adorable also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful coloring on the lanterns! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the lanterns on the "water" is gorgeous! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lantern floating ceremony here in Hawaii...your card reminds me of that! Love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the whole concept of this card so much! It's brilliant. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all so much for your comments, they mean a lot! I really enjoyed making this card - especially the colouring with distress inks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card! Thanks for joining us in the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. luv how you colored lanterns & fox. I agree with you about "peaceful" on water :-) I also have both sets :-)oh, i follow you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Winter! :)

    Thanks for following me, Eve :) I'm following you too! I'm a bit of a Lawn Fawn addict. I have nearly all the sets and am so excited about the new releases!

    ReplyDelete