Friday, April 15, 2011

sukie



In this card I went for an aged look with Tim Holtz's wonderful distress inks to ink the edges and stamp the background using Poppy stamps' 'Peach Blossom Poem'.

The image of the gorgeous asian girl is also from Poppy Stamps. Her name is 'Sukie Sweetheart' - how cute is that? :D She is a sweetheart! I stamped her in one of my favourite inks: Brilliance Pearlescent chocolate which has this nice gold shimmer to it, then I coloured her face with copics and picked up a bit of distress ink with a blender pen to give some dimension to her clothing. I finished off the card with Japanese Masking Tape or MT as a border and on Sukie's sash. MT is so fun to use! I highly recommend it!

Then of course, twine happy as I am at the moment, I couldn't resist putting on a little bow and pearl!

Here is a close up of Sukie in a different colour combo I did:


Hope you enjoy today's card. Wishing you a lovely weekend! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock/Paper:  Stampin' Up!: Textured White
Stamps: Poppy Stamps: Peach Blossom Poem, Sukie Sweetheart. Lawn Fawn: Sophie's Sentiments
Inks: Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Brilliiance Pearlescent Chocolate. Copics: E00, R20
Accessories: Japanese Masking Tape (MT), Twine, pearl

5 comments:

  1. How cute are these cards and great use of the Japanese masking tape :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judith! :) Japanese Masking Tape is fantastic and so versatile. I have hoarded a lot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way too cute!!! Great use of the masking tape. I only have a few rolls, but NEED more - clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe thanks Heather! I love masking tape. I should use it more. It's so versatile :)

    ReplyDelete