Tuesday, April 12, 2011

seahorse

I have collected A LOT of stamps, but my favourite brand by far is Lawn Fawn. Their stamps are so cute and whimsical. Totally my style! At the moment, Lawn Fawn are revealing new stamps sets. It's like Christmas! Exciting! I love visiting their blog and watching creator Kelly Marie's delightful videos - she's just as cute as her stamps ;)

Today's card uses the gorgeous seahorse from Critters In The Sea. I adore seahorses and Lawn Fawn have provided the perfect stamp. I decided to enter it into the Wee Memories Challenge #51 which asks to use twine.

I'm still a beginner at papercrafting, having only started less than a year ago, so designing and making cards can take anywhere from 3 hours to half a day! This one took about 3 hours. Just as I am a slow writer, I'm also a slow crafter. Hopefully I'll be speedier one day :) 





 
Supplies:
Cardstock/Paper: Papertrey Ink: White, Aqua Mist. Stampin' Up!: Baja Breeze
Stamps: Lawn Fawn: Critters In the Sea, Sophie's Sentiments, Papertrey Ink: Dot Spot
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow, Copics: E35, E39, E71, E97
Accessories: The Twinery Cappucino Twine, pearls, scallop edge punch

6 comments:

  1. Hi Esther - so glad you now have a blog to show all your creations :) This card is super sweet, I love the stamped circles behind each seahorse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Judith! :) I thought it would be a good idea to start a blog which would motivate me to actually use the supplies I hoard, including those I buy from your store! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cute, I'm going to have to copy this card and borrow your lawn fawn stamps! I have my own pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks fi :) i'll show you how to make it when you come over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh HOW sweet is this?!! I love your colour combo and the repetition of these darling little seahorses! Your use of twine is fantastic - it looks perfect in your composition! Thanks for playing along at the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nerina,

    Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging comments - I really appreciate it :) I visited your blog - love it and your creations! You're so talented :)

    ReplyDelete